Windhoek City Runners Club (WCRC)
WCRC is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its website users and visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What personal data, does WCRC collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral sites, length of visit and number of page views).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Monitor and administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
All our financial transactions are handled and paid directly into our bank account/s. We do not have any website transaction that might require processing of payments via our website.
In addition, we may disclose information about you;
- In event that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings, or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Personal data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, at any point.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other webs